Businesses of all sizes across all industries share a need for quality professional guidance in navigating legal concerns. Maintaining a competitive edge while balancing innovation, consistency and compliance often requires overcoming legal complications. At Angualia Busiku & Co. Advocates, in Uganda, our business law attorneys understand the everyday challenges businesses face. We provide professional guidance for businesses large and small in a wide range of industries.
Specific types of business matters we handle include:
- Complex Commercial Contract Disputes
- Corporate Shareholder & Partnership Disputes
- Commercial contract negotiation, drafting and review
- Entity dissolution disputes
- Corporate deadlocks
- Operating agreement disputes
- Corporate restructuring or purchase disputes
- joint venture contracts,
- franchising and licensing agreements,
- distribution and supply contracts,
- employment contracts,
- shareholders agreement,
- business sale contracts among others.
- Fraudulent transfers and piercing-the-corporate-veil issues
Our clients range from construction contractors to aviation companies to international businesses with local legal matters. Drawing on several years of legal experience, our legal team strives for excellence in all we do. As a boutique firm, we combine a wide breadth of sophisticated business law experience with personal, attentive client service.
At Angualia Busiku & Co. Advocates, our legal team is well-equipped to navigate complex contract disputes. We take a proactive approach towards resolving conflicts in a favorable and expeditious manner. When litigation arises, we consistently provide quality representation to protect clients’ interests.
In Uganda companies are governed by the Companies Act No: 1 of 2012. Our attorneys have lectured company law in almost all Law Schools of Uganda. They also participated in the formulation of the Companies Act 2012 and published articles in the area of company law. Our law firm is also retained as external legal counsel and company secretary to over twenty companies in Uganda. Our law firm is a consistent contributor to the World Bank Doing Business Report and our contributions on doing business in Uganda have always been recognized and acknowledged in every report. The World Bank Doing Business Report 2016 can be accessed from here.
We consistently advise our corporate clients to conduct their affairs in compliance with the regulatory aspects of company law and general practice in Uganda and adhere to the international principles of corporate governance. We have built reputation as the contact point for individuals and multinational companies considering setting up business in Uganda. Access our guide to establishing a business in Uganda can be accessed here.
As company secretary, we are fully aware of the duties and roles of a company secretary as a general requirement and as stipulated by under the Companies Act No: 1 of 2012 and related regulations. The range of legal services that we provide under company law include the following;
- › Company formation, incorporation and registration in Uganda.
- › Procuring Business Licences, Permits and Statutory Clearances;
- › Company Regularization and Compliance;
- › Drafting and filling Company Forms, Resolutions and Notices with the Registrar of Companies;
- › Structuring Raising Capital and Equity Transactions;
- › Registering Charges and Debentures;
- › Securitising and Registering Debt Securities, Guarantees;
- › Company Secretarial and General Counsel Services;
- › Chairing Corporate Meetings and Taking Minutes;
- › Corporate Director & Corporate Secretary Services;
- › Corporate Due Diligence for share and asset acquisitions
- › We advise on implementation of changes to corporate ownership structures.
BMK House, 4th Floor, Suite No.402, Plot 4-5 Nyabong Road, Wampewo Avenue, (hotel Africana)
P.O.Box 27689 Kampala. Mob: +256774477656
ADVOCATES WITH EXPERIENCE
Angualia Busiku & Co. Advocates (Registration Number 179893) is a law firm which is comprised of lawyers with previous experience in government service, corporate institutions and law firms.
Outside the office working hours, we are available on video legal consultation after prior appointment.